Monday, April 30, 2012

Easy Lunch Recipe: Chickpea Pasta!

Clearly, I love chickpeas. I pretty much throw them in whatever I can, and I think a pretty good portion of my easy lunch recipes have involved my beloved garbanzo. But you know what? They're so easy! And they're beans, so you don't need to fuss with meat. And they're filling. And they're delicious. Shall I go on?
I'll spare you.

This is truly a great pasta substitute!
Today's recipe is something that I actually threw together in a moment of inspiration, using my very own brain, and no influence from Pinterest whatsoever (very unusual)! I know that most people probably could have thought this up in their sleep, but I'm new to this putting-food-together game, so I'm proud nonetheless!

What you need:
1 can chickpeas, drained (about 243g)- 233 kcal
200g marinara (ours is homemade)- 55 kcal
50g mozzarella, diced- 127 kcal
16g spinach, chopped- 4 kcal
21g mushrooms, chopped- 5 kcal

total calories: 424!

How to make it:
Throw everything in a bowl or seal-able container, except for the mozzarella. Shake it up. When it's time to eat, throw it in the microwave for about 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in the mozzarella chunks, let it cool down a little, and enjoy! This could be split into 2 servings, but I gobbled it up in one;) I paired it with one of my favorite desserts, frozen strawberries drizzled in chocolate syrup- 110g strawberries +10g choco syrup= 65 kcal! Winning!

Have you created a new recipe lately? Share it in the comments!
(You should follow the link...my friend Libby is WAY better at recipes than I am!)

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use chickpeas instead of pasta!! I love them, as well, and I really really love pasta. But when it comes down to it, it's not so much the pasta that I love as much as the sauce and cheese. So if I could get all of that with the fiber and protein of beans, then I'm excited.

    And thanks for linking to my blog!! Your recipe is quite a bit more healthy than mine but what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME-TOO! Pasta, for me, is definitely about the sauce. I'm thinking about trying it out with lentils, too. Take on more of a risotto form? We'll see what happens...my experiments are usually a lot better in my head than what happens in reality- but if I can find a way to get rid of rice and noodles as much as possible, I'll be a happy, happy girl;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post and blog!:) Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I usually use chickpeas in soups or hummus - I never would have thought to use them this way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete