Friday, June 22, 2012

The Land of Ahs

Sorry for my hiatus, folks, but I'm sure you can understand the busy-ness that comes with moving. Nonetheless, I'm back in the saddle and excited about all the food options that have opened up to me, thus opening up to you via jamielightblog!

As a side note, before I begin, I don't care what anyone says or presumes- Kansas is the best place on the planet. Yes, I'm biased. But also, people here are, for the most part, quite friendly and often very considerate. That is a major shift moving from one of the largest cities in the world. In Korea, we were stared at *most* of the time. Straight faces. No words. Just gawking, glaring eyes. In Kansas, if we get looks, they're usually friendly, smiling glances, followed by a hello or good morning. On our run this morning, I would figure maybe 8 out of 10 people we passed said hello. I love that!

Today I'm sharing my first breakfast back in America! JD and I sent his parents a long, long list of the foods we were excited to have access to, and they graciously stocked their pantry and fridge with them in anticipation of our arrival. So for breakfast, this is what I put together:

1 TJ's* whole wheat sandwich thin: 100 kcal
80g egg beaters: 43 kcal
34g deli counter turkey breast: 36 kcal
1 wedge, laughing cow light*: 35 kcal
130g Fage 0% Greek yogurt: 74 kcal
54g sliced frozen strawberries: 19 kcal
53g Kashi Go Lean Crunch: 190 kcal

breakfast total: 498 kcal. For all of that!



What are some of your favorite breakfast items? Any great, lesser known low cal options I should look for? Leave yours in the comments!

*TJ's= Trader Joe's
*Sun-dried tomato and basil flavor

2 comments:

  1. I like oatmeal (Coach's steel cut). I use nutmeg and cinnamon, apple sauce and cinnamon, blackberries, or my favorite...pomegranate seeds.

    Lately it has been one egg, 1/2 avocado, Thomas English Muffin and a handful of grape tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put the applesauce in your oatmeal? I'll have to try that!
      We had some Thomas English Muffins waiting for us, and I LOVED them! I've been in bread heaven here, with those English muffins, sandwich thins, bagel thins, etc...and we even found 80 calorie wheat hamburger and hotdog buns!

      Delete