Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thank You

Full disclosure: I love writing this blog. I don't even care that, compared to most blogs, my readership is small. The readership I have is incredible, and supportive, and kind, and all-around awesome. But as I'm transitioning into this new phase of my life (moving home, figuring out a career, maintaining), how amazing would it be if part of my career involved doing this? I'm not, by any means, saying that I think I can or will make it big as a blogger. And it's not that I want to be famous, or think I could or would be famous from this...fame has never been a desire of mine. But writing? Writing is something I've always enjoyed. And reaching out to people who could use a boost? Well, that is, too.
If you liked my newly created Facebook page today, I'm terribly sorry for flooding your news feeds with what might seem like complete and total vanity. I added a bunch of pictures to my page today, showcasing myself pre-weight loss, throughout it, and now. Because something was wrong with my photo uploader, I just added them separately, and now it probably seems like I'm rubbing my loss in everyone's face. I want you to know that is 100% not what I'm trying to do. I'm by no means attempting to brag, but I will admit that there is something crazy cool about being able to go through and see my changes like that. What has sparked all of this terribly embarrassing self-promotion that you've likely seen from me today, is that I have recently found myself with an opportunity that could potentially grow my blog quite a bit, and if it does, I want to be ready. I'm more or less trying to build a brand.
My mission for this blog is and always has been to a)support and encourage those who are feeling discouraged in their body image and/or weight loss attempts , b) help those who are seeking it, and c) share some of the things that I have learned along the way. Weight loss can be scary, and it can be INCREDIBLY confusing, and it can seem impossible...it means the world to me to be able to help anyone feel less scared or less confused or to show them that they can do it...that it is possible. No matter what I might look like on the outside right now, the way I feel on the inside...I can't even begin to explain how that feels, and that has made every second of this process worth it. If I can do anything to help ease another person's burden, then by golly, I'm going to try.

So to those of you who are with me right now: thank you! From the bottom of my heart, I really do thank you. Your support and encouragement has meant the world to me, and I hope that my posts have been more encouraging to you than they have been annoying.

Thank you for bearing with me:)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, Jamie!! I just wanted to tell you that I thought the pictures you posted to Facebook were awesome. I kept thinking about how pretty you have always been (no matter what size you were) and what a great smile and heart you have. It was also really cool to see the pictures and see proof that dieting DOES work. I think that in order to be completely honest about your weight loss, you had to post all of those pictures, don't you? Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for sharing your journey with those of us who are just beginning our own journeys. I truly believe that sharing our own personal struggles with others who are going through the same things is the reason God lets us go through those trying times. May He bless everything you do! Keep those recipes comin'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The most important aspect of weight loss is that you're honest with yourself, throughout everything. It took being honest with myself and reading about some strangers success with her own weight loss for me to start making a change in my own life. And every day since, it takes being honest with myself to make sure that I am making smart food and exercise choices. That especially means not "sneaking" a bit of this and a bite of that without accounting for those calories...which can be really tempting for me to do sometimes;)

      And thank you for those wonderful compliments, Chrissy...that makes me feel really good to hear:)

      Delete