Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happiness Is...


...Mr. Light! (with me, left) I realized today that you haven't officially met JD yet. He's the most handsome, wonderful man I've ever known:)

...puppy, Light! (top middle) An official introduction to her, too. She loves to be cozy, even if that means being a little bit uncozy at the same time...

...Breakfast. (top right) Sometimes it amazes even me how much I love breakfast.

...last night's dinner. (middle) You know those huge trays of chilled salmon you see hanging out in the seafood section? If you haven't tried it you really, really should.

...my family:) (middle right) Puppy, Light looks like a little gremlin here, and I love her for it.

...my neighborhood. (bottom middle) I may not love living overseas all the time, but who couldn't appreciate this? We hit the neighborhood jackpot. It's like our own tiny little central park.

...being outside. (bottom right) It's warm out now, and I couldn't be more thrilled about it.


I know this post is a little different from my norm, but today I just felt so grateful. I woke up early, did some yoga and took puppy, light for a short jog. Showered, ate the most DELICIOUS breakfast without any kind of rush...and while I was finishing my coffee and getting ready for work, I just felt so happy (plus, it's Friday!). I felt like I had a real life worth loving. Not that I usually don't, but I think I usually just don't think about it. It's funny the simple things that bring that to the surface, isn't it?
 Mr. Light and I are moving back to the states in a little over a month, and most of the time I am lamenting for my home and my family and for the fact that time isn't moving fast enough; but this morning...this morning I felt so content. So happy. It seems that it is not uncommon for me to have feelings of gratefulness and love in the morning.

I hope to do a better job of keeping that feeling for the rest of our time here. It certainly has been an adventure. 

What is your happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment