Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tip of the Day:

When I started this blog, I started it with the intentions of being a full-gamut weight loss blog. I had so many questions when I began losing weight/calorie counting and have learned so many tips and tricks throughout that I thought this would be an excellent venue to share the knowledge. However, so far I've only posted recipes and things of the sort. So right now I'm going to give you my first Tip of the Day:

                                                                                               Cheese. Do you need it?
If you answered "yes", then here's what to do:
             Shred it                          
One slice of cheese is usually around 110 calories, but with shredded cheese, you have greater control over portion size, and can easily cut back on the amount used while still covering the same amount of area. You'll probably notice, too, that the less cheese you eat, the more you realize the food that would have been underneath have fantastic flavors of their own. I've even gotten to the point where I often realize that I didn't even need to have the cheese in the first place, and go without it the next time, freeing up calories for more of something else! As with anything (erm, most things), you don't have to give it up entirely, just dial it back a notch or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment