Friday, July 6, 2012

Strawberry Delish

Do you love dessert?
Yeah, me too.

Today, my mother-in-law asked us to finish off the bin of strawberries, so when it was time to prepare lunch, I decided to get a little bit more creative with my dessert. (I always have dessert. Always.) And you know me; I love easy. 

This is what I'm calling "Strawberry Delish." Because it has strawberries. And it is delicious. 
 What I did: 
110g fresh strawberries: 35 kcal  
40g Honey Greek yogurt: 48 kcal
1 Whole Wheat sandwich thin: 100 kcal 

I toasted the sandwich thins (but I think it would have been just as good untoasted), slapped 20g of yogurt on each slice, and then topped the slices with the strawberries that I washed and quartered. 

So simple, so good, less than 200 calories. Reminiscent of a strawberry shortcake, this little dish is great for dessert, breakfast, or a quick snack! (If you don't like yogurt, a great swap would be low-fat chocolate pudding or nutella! Strawberries and chocolate? Don't mind if I do.)

What low-cal desserts do you love to make? Leave any recipes or thoughts in the comments!  

No comments:

Post a Comment